Tuesday, May 25, 2004

THE BEST MEAL A TRAVELER COULD HAD
Granada, Spain
22 May


Sunset in Granada was the most beautiful on the last day. Maybe it was partly melancholy that I was leaving the next day, but the sky was clear and I could see as far as the Swiss alps and the vast land that stretched across to the horison. When the sun was setting above the hills above the city, it turned ultramarine purple directly above L'Alhambra. Breathtaking.

And I didn´t want to leave Granada. The magical powers of the gypsies and the seductive chants of the flamenco captured my heart. I was glued to the chairs in the outside patio watching the view, until my stomach began to make noises. Everybody was just hanging out there, Sarah with her huka (which she generously shared..), Tom, Geoff, Dafni, Susanna and Danny.

Patricio came back from his afternoon stroll and we gladly welcome his BBQ idea. Susanna, Geoff and I literally ran out to the market to get extra grog and sausages. That began out beautiful last meal in Granada. Patricio made salsa, grilled potatoes and zucchini (I'not a vegetable fan but they were just to die for...). Tom and Geoff worked up some pasta dish and the rest was just history. Different kinds of sausages just kept on coming from the barbie. So much so that we áte so much until we couldn´t move from over eating.

There´s no better way to leave a place with full stomach.

Still drolling over sausages

No comments: