Monday, May 31, 2004

SUNDAY MASS IN THE NOTRE DAME
Paris, France
Sunday, 30 May


There's no way I could even begin to explain the feeling of hearing hymns sung in the ancient Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Despite the flock of tourists looking at the mass instead of joining them, the church and its halls and the stained glass windows.
You feel like you belong to a greater power and that's that...

Singing hymns of praise

FALLING IN LOVE
Bordeaux, France
Saturday, 29 May


I didn't think much of Bordeaux when I saw her for the first time. But she has a way to crept into you and make you fall in love. I couldn' tell you what it is, but the the place has a paricular elegance that's almost fairy tale-like. The vineyards, the chateaus, the cafes, the sound of french, the well-groomed dogs, the people. It's Bordeaux and it's France.

On our last night we had an amazing 3 course meal in a nice restaurant called Claret's.
The food was simple and yet sublime. Again, good food and good wine. That was THE BEST MEAL I've had for a really long time, where every mouthful is worth every penny.

I could live here, I found myself thinking...

Falling in love with the place


THE PASSEU DE SAN JUAN
San Sebastian, Spain
Thursday, 27 May 2004


The sun finally shines in San Sebastian, so Danny and I walked around town. We went up to Mt.Izgull and had a good view of the whole town. We just chilled, hung out and enjoyed the sun. It was kinda windy still but the sun was too good to be missed. A tip from an Americqn girl brought us to the fishing village of San Juan, where Victor Hugo reportedly spent quality time at. The place was a quaint little Basque town. You feel more Basque here than in San Sebastian. There were lots of resistance posters and ETA posters promoting PAIS VASCO. But ze had no idea how to get back,.... The whole time I was looking around enjoying myself, Danny had this concerned look on his face. He was comical. I purposedly played around and took my time before trying to figure out how to get back to town. A kind lady who I bought an ice cream from tried to explain to us but we could't really understand her... We figured that we had to get ourselves to the pier. In the pier there 2 girls who could speak a little English - and they helped us. Danny's face changed instantly...

That night we splurged on food. Nothing too good, simply too much food.

Sleeping with too much food in her stomach

No comments: