An End of a Journey
Jakarta, August 11
I return home 4 weeks ago with mixed feelings inside. My whole body screams of joy at the feel of my own bed, of the busy streets of the city it knows so well; but my heart longs for the fresh, new air of distant places, where people are strangers waiting to be met. Reality slaps me back to the works of ordinary living. My travel was like a dream. For so many years, I was trying to get myself out there. To see the world. I spoke about traveling with gleaming eyes. Upon returning, I found myself in a limbo. A soul lost. All of a sudden, I am without a goal, without money, with no direction. Many thought I was experiencing the 'back home syndrome', but it goes further than that. Many said, "You can just travel again." Yeah, but it's not going to be the same.
For many years, it's only a dream. Now that I have lived it, I don't know what to do anymore.
At the moment, I'm happily running away to work. It's so busy that I have no time to think about things anymore. There is a void waiting to be filled though, and hopefully I can fill it soon.
This journey had been about people. The best places always had the best people inside. They may not be the locals, most of the time they're other travelers in passing. It was through them that I learnt more about our human race and what makes it so special. Despite the many differences brought by culture, colour, and other things - open mindedness and humility would bring everyone together.
dying to go again... until then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment