Wednesday, March 24, 2004

BLOG BEGINNER

Now, I've worked out that I will be away in just 38 sleeps. I know that sounds like a very long time for most people, but when you're already waiting for this trip for 3 years, you can imagine my excitement. I got really pissed off when I started inquiring about backpacking through Europe. I found out that since the concept of backpacking with unlimited time frame is unheard of, the European governments made a point to make it as difficult as possible for an Indonesian national to travel around. There are numerous restrictions being imposed and so many limitations. In the end, I've decided to just go with the flow and not fighting it so much. And I'm a happier better person! Ha! Just with a little less time in Europe.

Hopefully I'll get away 45 days in the Schengen countries and another 14 in the UK. My dear friend's friend is currently working in London, and being put up in a nice apartment that's worth $300/day in West London. I think this person deserves a visit... Don't you?

Until something else happens, I shall continue my post with counting the number of sleeps I have before I actually go away.