MORE SLEEPS BEFORE...
The number of sleeps I have to go through before I get anywhere has been somewhat revised. The general feeling of injustice, the existing class system in the world of travel; the world order and yadda yadda yadda - all works against a person from third world country traveling. It is hard for them to understand why such a person would want to 'travel' (read: spending unlimited amount in cheap hostels, eating cheap food and walking around with very little money); therefore red tape is established to discourage such persons. As a 25 year old woman, I am under the suspicion of traveling to find a white-skinned husband, trying to get better employment and or simply fleeing the oppresive regime. As hard as it is to belive, I am actually none of the above. My trip is an attempt to get a better understanding of the rest of the world, and how people and places interact with one and another. Yeah right,... to sum it all up I just want a really long break from my life here. I want to go away long enough to actually miss how life is at the moment, so I can go back all excited to live it again. My visa application is with the Hungarian Embassy and after that I still have to go through the Czech republic and Germany and finally UK. If all goes well, yours truly will be boarding on May 10th only to arrive on May 11 in Barcelona.
In Barcelona, my mate Danny from Melbourne will meet up with me and we'll spend numerous hours catching up on the times we've been apart. The last time we met was 4 years ago; so it'll be interesting how we go on traveling together. He's currently unemployed and making his way to London to get a job. What would be better than seeing other parts of the continent before being stuck in bad-weather, forever cold London??
NEWSFLASH!! In the homefront, Wiranto (the ex army general) just won the Golkar convention and is running for presidency. After 2 terms of having a civilian president: a technocrat and a woman, the army suddenly is making a come back. Another strong candidate is Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (another ex army general). This current event has put spice back into the election process from what was boring, stale election for the house of reps. This may seem irrelevant for folks outside Indonesia, so feel free to totally disregard this last paragraph if you please.
Cynth is signing off...
