Wednesday, April 28, 2004

THE MAY 10th JINX

The time has come when I no longer sure of the number of sleeps I'm going to have before I actually board a plane to somewhere. Hungary rejected my visa application on the grounds that I have no confirmed hotel bookings. My travel agent submitted a hotel voucher yesterday so we have to wait for some more news. The Czech Republic is conveniently talking their time answering my application. When people asked me when I will leave, I said, "May 10th.." I put on an extremely excited face to make them jealous even if I'm not sure myself. It was probably a hope that if I said it to myself often enough, things will sort themselves out.

A few days ago someone asked me about the number of Embassies I have to visit before I can go to Europe. "I must be extremely unlucky if all 4 countries rejected my visa application." I'm beginning to think that I might've jinx myself. Lady luck must have heard my snotty comments and decided to give me a lesson. Everybody said that it will be alright and I will get there eventually. I don't like eventually. I want to get there when I want to get there -- and that is on May 11.

No point sweating over it eh? Nothing I can do anyways.
Maybe I should start researching equally exciting places that will not require visa(s)...
All international beuraucrats and their subordinates can go stuff themselves!

distressed and confused cynth signing off...