DAY TWO IN FIGUERES, SPAIN
It´s Laundry Day!! Spent the whole morning doing laundry and then we set off to the Dali Museum only to find that it´s closed. Never mind, we stepped into the Shop - looking at the numerous Dali reproductions and had a little feast for the eyes. It may not be like looking at the real thing but it´s as close as we can get. The Dali Museum Building is kinda terracota-ish with strange looking gold ornaments creating a pattern that feels Russian. Maybe it´s the eggs it has on top of roof or something...
By that time we needed food. Lazy bums that we are didn´t go very far. A cafe near the museum called Dalicatessen was where we spent 2.5 hours sun basking, eating and drinking. Danny had his first sangria. It was very cool!! I wish I could do that all the time. It was there that I caught up with my journal writing. There´s still a bit to do but overall, things are looking good.
Figueres has been a really relaxing spot. It comes highly recommended for those looking for a bummy weekend with a slight cultural twist that is Dali. The shops here are the boutique ones. They´re like little galleries with cobbled floors in the front. Where the shop is closed for an hour because the attendant is having her lunch.
Tomorrow we´re heading back to Barcelona to embark on my first night train to Granada.
It´s going to be a loooong journey and somehow I´m not really looking forward to it.
Come to Figueres and love it like I do
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment