TRENHOTEL TO GRENADA, SPAIN
18 may
The long trip to Granada from Barcelona was something I really not look forward to. Just imagine 12 hours stucked in a stuffy compartment. Even if that compartment had a bed where you can sleep on, the thought wasn´t welcomed with a leap of joy. I boarded the train in low spirits. My bagpack felt twice as heavy amidst the uncomprehensible screams of others who boarded the train.
Couch 7. Seats 61A.
I arrived at the door of my compartment surprised. The compartment was small. It was stuffy, but it had a mirror, some kind of coat hangers, mini basin, electronic input, and even mini toiletries and mini towels for that long journey. We even got our own Ving Cards. You know that security card thingy one usually gets as a hotel key?? The RENFE, Spanish train authority had done serious shit to upgrade their security. Man!! This is beyond coolness. Excuse my ignorance for the sophistication of night trains in Europe, but that particular one was just to die for.
What was supposed to be the most dreaded trip so far, had become the best night sleep I ever had. To top it all off, the view as we were entering Granada was breathtaking. Green fields with trees and rocky terrain all combined into one. There was a roughness to the region that I couldn´t really explain. The sun seemed to be a lot more harsher, too. It seemed to be more intensity in its colour. Somehow, it was more red. Maybe that was just me without breakfast, too excited at 7.30am.
thinking of what to do tonight... cynth signs off
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment