Thursday, June 24, 2004

BUMMING AND RECOVERING FROM LONDON
Hamburg, Germany


Okay.. Hamburg is not exactly the most popular destination for people but the city is nice and it's small enough to walk around. The public transport system is simple enough, too and it is very easy to get around. Except, I did not really get around much. Esther and Sentha were my two hosts while I was there, but they had to go away on the weekend that I was there.

When I arrived on friday we pretty much did whatever we could, walked around sooo much, and ate German sausages, and mushroom with some kinda of sauce (that was really yummy but you have to eat it fast coz it's yuck when it's cold). We got back late around 9-ish and we're supposed to go back out but we were just too comfy at home, catching up and laughing and being super silly. We completely bummed that night.

Saturday and Sunday was spent doing nothing and sleeping. That was brilliant. I didn't regret it a bit. On Saturday night I checked out the Reeperbahn, the red light district and that was fun. I also managed to find a cool place for a drink but I didn't stay too long coz it's kinda u know.. to be alone in an area like that at that time of the night. Mind you, it's probably the safest place in Hamburg with that many police going around.

The best thing must had been on Monday. It was Sentha's birthday and her dad took us out for dinner. We ended up having dinner in a Croatian restaurant. We were in time for EURO 2004 match between Croatia and England. It was an excellent match and the food was superb. And a lot of it, too. As much as I hated England, they played really well and had a feast of goals. It was a good game.

That was Hamburg.

Did I tell you this post is going to be short??

No comments: