I SHOULD'VE STAYED HERE LONGER
Edinburgh, UK
June 15-17
It's so easy to take good weather for granted. Coming from a tropical country where the sun shines all the way through, you never think about it. When I arrived in Edinburgh, the weather was perfect. The picturesque city was beautifully lit with natural sun and the whole things just glows. It was amazing. Everybody said Edinburgh is beautiful, but I didn't realise that it's going to be this beautiful. The people is great, and there are castles everywhere.
I stayed at the Globetrotter Inn, which is kinda outside the city centre but they run a shuttle bus every hour or so which is handy. You save money on public transport, too.
I literally walked everywhere on my first day, Holyrood Palace, Edinburgh Castle, The Old Parliament building, Royal Mile, anything one could possibly think of. The second day, I took a tour to the Scottish Highlands (or pronounced hey-land almost..) in a small operated tour with 9 other people. That's very cool, John-our guide/driver is very funny. He kept telling jokes all the time and stuff. We cruised in Loch Ness - in case we get to see the monster.
And my last night in Edinburgh was closed with a bang. I went out with 2 South African guys I knew from the hostel: Johan and Andreas. They're cool. We went pub hopping from The Tron - where they have £1 drinks, then Finnigan's Wake for some live music, and Espionage some bar which I only vaguely remember.
As a result, I'm completely smashed. Happy but smashed and can't be botehred doing anything again before I board my train to my next destination.
Until then.. adieu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment