GOOD WEATHER AND PROCRASTINATION
London, UK
June 10-14
There's something to be said about good weather in England. It hardly ever happens. However, the whole week Cynth was in London the weather has been fantastic. That word is not a form of exaggeration nor hyperbole. There was not a single drop of rain the whole 7 days I was in London. London is a very nice city to be explored on foot. It is kinda huge, so a little help from the tube is warmly welcome. Riding the tube under such weather is not advisable though; there's no air conditioning inside and on a hot day it feels stuffy and smelly. Try to avoid peak hour tube if possible.
Miss Ga's Divine Cuisine
My old friend, Gayatri and her partner Joachim was kind enough to take me in for a few days. It was nothing but great. Not only that I got a room for myself, a bathroom (practically for myself as well), but I also got to know Gaya's excellent cooking!! I have not seen this girl for maybe more than ten years. I must say, she's one of the few people I respect and admire. Maaaan!! Gaya loves cooking.
She has this fantastic ability to whip up something cuisine-like in such a short time. She knows so much about cooking. This is a modern girl who on my first day took me around London, and become a kind of London fashion guru to me. There's a lot more of her than that. She's into painting, design, doing her third degree and stuff.. And yet she enjoys cooking and pretty darn good at it too..
Breakfast was never ordinary. She made pancakes: with cheese, ham, tomato salad. She cooked spaghetti with prawns, prawn salad, lamb with grilled vegetables. Not only that, after 7 years in London, she's so English (in a good way..) that we have coffee and cakes at tea time! I don't think I've ever been so lucky in my entire life. Staying with Gaya put a roof over my head - spare me from the numerous beds in one room, and also introduced me, well.. inspired me to eat well all the time. I'm even inspired to learn how to cook after watching her so many times!! Amazing!! She even packed me lunch for my train trip to Scotland.
Amazing Gaya!
London Retrospect
I did quite a few things in London, that I cannot be bothered writing about. London has been a city where I catch up with people. Some I've only known very little back then, and only really talk to now. Maybe if someone asked me what I did in London, I wouldn't be able to answer. It was mostly friends, making new friendships and relighting old ones. London is Gaya, Joachim, Sean, Gail, Krit.
And the weather that makes me sit around too much without doing anything...
Until I finally get up my lazy arse and head off to Edinburgh...
off to Scotland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment