THE DAY I MISSED MY TRAIN
Ceskè Budèjovicè, Czech Republic
Fri, July 25
I wrote a whole page about this, and the whole post is gone. Since I'm paying per minute for this thing I'm not going to rewrite everything. That was a long post too. Bloody foreign language computers. Basically after enduring a horrible 2 hours train ride from Prague to Ceskè Budejovicè. I missed my connection to Linz. Luckily, I wasn't the only one. I met 2 American girls from Austin, Texas: Paige and Caitlin. We figured things out together and managed to get ourselves to Salzburg.
The next drama was meeting up with Sarah. She wasn't on the train that she was supposed to be. I had no way of contacting her. I got to the hostel and it turned out to be the hostel with the best view of the whole of Salzburg. And as I was making my way back into the train station to pick her up, Joe- Sarah's boyfriend called to tell me that she was waiting for me in the train station. Cool.
We wandered around the city. Had Argentinian food (Yeah, we were very original...) and just talked and drank beer and laughed. Oh, we did check out the Lizer GAsse Street Festival which was basically a whole heap of people drinking on the street and filling the street and made it difficult for people to move anywhere. Then off back to the hostel and slept.
The hostel is located on Mochbèrg. You need an elevator to get up there. It's expensive as a budget traveller so we opted for the hundred or so stairs into the city.
At the end of the day we are getting good at climbing stairs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment